Kimi Raikkonen has been disqualified from the results of qualifying in Azerbaijan after the front wing on his Alfa Romeo failed a post-session front wing deflection test.
The decision means that Raikkonen is now set to start Sunday’s race in Baku from the pit lane, joining Pierre Gasly and Robert Kubica. The Finn had originally been set to start from P8, moving up one spot because of team-mate Antonio Giovinazzi’s grid penalty.
„The Stewards find that the front wing of car 7 deflected more than 5mm under a load of 60 N,” read a stewards report. „[This is] in breach of Article 3.9.8 of the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations.”
Surely the last word has not been spoken about this disqualification as Sauber will contest it.
- Source: Formula 1 World Championship
- Photocredit: Formula 1 World Championship
Nu pierdeti ultimele stiri din lumea uimitoare a motorsportului cu aplicatie GP24.
Don't miss out on the latest news from the world of Motorsports with the GP24 App.
Cu noua aplicatie GP24 primiti ultimele stiri direct pe dispozitivul mobil, 100% gratuit / Nu este necesara inregistrarea.
With the New GP24 App you receive the latest news direct on your mobile device, 100% free / No need to register.
- „GP24 Racing Ladies” cu Diana-Maria Sturza, Pilot în Campionatul MotoRC „Romanian Motorcycling Competition” - 5 martie, 2021
- GP24 Racing Ladies” cu Izabella Gavrilă, Pilot în Campionatul Național de Women Rally și la Promo Rally Powered by Total. - 4 martie, 2021
- Premierea la Anduranță (Romanian Endurance Series) se face la Motorpark Romania. - 3 martie, 2021