Formula 1 says team or driver Covid-19 pullouts won’t stop races

Formula 1 CEO Chase Carey has gone on record stating team personal being infected by COVID-19 will not cancel races. With the 2020 F1 season...
[rev_slider alias="header-banner-1"][/rev_slider]

Latest Posts

Triumph: ready for 2020 relaunch in Jerez

The Moto2™ World Championship and Triumph Triple Trophy will soon get back underway at the Spanish Grand Prix. After a terrific season opener in Qatar,...

Formula 1: Driver shocked by Ferrari engine power loss.

Carlos Sainz says he is not yet worrying about his move to Ferrari for 2021. The Spaniard will replace Sebastian Vettel, but he will presumably...

F1: Alonso signing with Renault F1 not just marketing, says Alain Prost.

Renault advisor Alain Prost says a question mark about Sebastian Vettel's motivation may have thwarted his chances of joining the French team. The Enstone based...

Mick Schumacher hoping for Friday outings in 2020.

Mick Schumacher is hoping to be able to drive a Formula 1 car again in 2020. Last year, the son of F1 legend Michael Schumacher...

WEC: Risi Competizione will be racing at Le Mans in 2020.

Risi Competizione have confirmed their entry to the 88th 24 Hours of Le Mans through a driver announcement. The team had been included on the original entry list, but with the uncertainty of the Coronavirus situation, it was unknown whether they would make it to Le Mans for the race.

The announcement comes a week after the withdrawal of Corvette Racing and Porsche GT Team’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship cars from the championship. Because of this, there were question marks over the Ferrari team’s intent to go racing at Le Mans as they too are an IMSA team, and to get to the race will have to make the trip from the United States.

As this was the reason behind why Corvette and Porsche dropped out, it was unknown whether Risi Competizione would fall into the same fate, leaving just the FIA World Endurance Championship GTE Pro cars on the grid. However, their driver line-up announcement reconfirms their intent to go racing in September.

The driver announcement sees an all French line-up of the American team in an Italian car. Olivier Pla and Sébastien Bourdais will make their debut for the team at Le Mans, with last year’s driver Jules Gounon finishing up the three driver team.

“We were happy to receive the acceptance of our entry for Le Mans once again this year as you can never take this for granted.” Team Principal Giuseppe Risi said in the team’s official statement. “The world got a little crazy in March, so we just sat back and waited to see what would happen. Le Mans is a very important race in the world and the biggest in sports car racing. Although some other teams have pulled out this year, we intend to race as planned.

“Our all-French driver line-up might be a little unexpected for my Risi team, but these are all talented drivers who have proven their worth at Le Mans and elsewhere in racing. Olivier Pla and Sébastien Bourdais drove against our team in the past few years, and they both have strong history at Le Mans and a great knowledge of the circuit.

“Le Mans is always a very special race for our team and this year will be no exception.”

Frank van Nunen

Latest Posts

Triumph: ready for 2020 relaunch in Jerez

The Moto2™ World Championship and Triumph Triple Trophy will soon get back underway at the Spanish Grand Prix. After a terrific season opener in Qatar,...

Formula 1: Driver shocked by Ferrari engine power loss.

Carlos Sainz says he is not yet worrying about his move to Ferrari for 2021. The Spaniard will replace Sebastian Vettel, but he will presumably...

F1: Alonso signing with Renault F1 not just marketing, says Alain Prost.

Renault advisor Alain Prost says a question mark about Sebastian Vettel's motivation may have thwarted his chances of joining the French team. The Enstone based...

Mick Schumacher hoping for Friday outings in 2020.

Mick Schumacher is hoping to be able to drive a Formula 1 car again in 2020. Last year, the son of F1 legend Michael Schumacher...

Don't Miss

Formula 1: Mugello to be confirmed as post-Monza 2020 race.

Mugello looks set to host a second grand prix in Italy this year, one week after Monza. Imola, yet another Italian circuit, is also in...

OFFICIAL: British Rally Championship Cancelled.

The British Rally Championship has announced that the 2020 season will not take place. This follows the cancellation of the Wales Rally GB, which...

ELMS: 2020 European Le Mans Series provisional revised calendar

The 2020 ELMS season should start in Le Castellet with 5 races to decide who will be the next European Le Mans Series Champions. Following...

Everyone in F1 affected amid corona crisis says Jean Todt.

More than two teams are hurting amid the corona crisis, according to FIA president Jean Todt. In fact, the Frenchman is quoted by La Presse...

MotoGP vs F1: the perception of speed with Mark Webber.

Former F1 star Mark Webber is this week’s guest as the Aussie delves into his love for motorcycle racing and much more. The MotoGP...
Frank van Nunen