Red Bull has confirmed it will launch its 2020 Formula 1 car on February 12. The Milton Keynes squad’s announcement completes the set of 2020 car launches after it became the 10th and final team to confirm its plans ahead of the upcoming campaign. Red Bull is set to unveil its Honda-powered RB16 challenger in a digital presentation next Wednesday (February 12), on the same day as Renault.
It is understood the RB16 is also scheduled for on-track duties for the first time on Wednesday for a shakedown event at Silverstone, a week before pre-season testing begins at Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
Ferrari is the team that will head of the 2020 car launch week, with the Italian squad to be the first F1 team to reveal its new challenger and livery at Maranello on February 11 ahead of the 2020 season.
Red Bull has high hopes that its RB16 challenger can bring the team into title contention for 2020. It is the team’s second year being powered by Japanese engine manufacturer Honda, with whom they have been making impressive gains on rivals Mercedes and Ferrari in the second half of 2019.
Max Verstappen claimed three victories for Red Bull across the 2019 season (Austria, Germany & Brazil) on his way to finishing third in the drivers’ championship, while Alexander Albon is set to contest his first full-campaign with the team after his mid-season promotion from Toro Rosso.
2020 F1 car launches:
- February 11: Scuderia Ferrari
- February 12: Renault F1, Red Bull Racing
- February 13: McLaren
- February 14: AMG Mercedes, AlphaTauri
- February 17: Racing Point, Williams
- February 19: Haas, Alfa Romeo
Source: GP24 Author, Amber van Nunen
Photocredit: Red Bull Content Pool
Nu pierdeti ultimele stiri din lumea uimitoare a motorsportului cu aplicatie GP24.
Don't miss out on the latest news from the world of Motorsports with the GP24 App.
Cu noua aplicatie GP24 primiti ultimele stiri direct pe dispozitivul mobil, 100% gratuit / Nu este necesara inregistrarea.
With the New GP24 App you receive the latest news direct on your mobile device, 100% free / No need to register.
- 6 reasons to be excited about the three new additions to F1’s 2020 race calendar - 27 July, 2020
- F1 Piața piloților: Viitorul lui Perez la Alfa Romeo pe fondul legăturilor lui Vettel cu Racing Point? - 27 July, 2020
- Listen to pioneering black racer Willy T Ribbs tell his must-listen career story - 26 July, 2020