Below are the main headlines from Qualifying at the TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing claim 1-2 in third qualifying session for tomorrow’s race
- Kamui Kobayashi and Mike Conway combine to set an average lap time of 1m53.747s to claim third pole of Super Season
- Conway sets outright best of 1m53.683, 1.1 seconds faster than last year’s best qualifying lap and fastest ever WEC pole lap
- No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing car driven by Kazuki Nakajima and Sébastien Buemi places second and 0.4 seconds behind sister Toyota TS050 HYBRID
- SMP Racing place third and fifth as No.17 starts ahead of No.11 sister car
- Fourth and sixth start for Rebellion Racing as No.1 car eclipses No.3 entry in session that saw light rain showers
- LMGTE Pro class grid will be headed by the No.67 Ford Chip Ganassi car of Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell
- Priaulx sets dramatic late lap to complete average of 2m12.885s to take second consecutive pole position at Spa for No.67 Ford GT
- Aston Martin second as local hero Maxime Martin and Alex Lynn set an average of 2m12.952s in No.97 Vantage just 0.067 in arrears
- No.82 BMW Team MTEK of Augusto Farfus and Antonio Felix da Costa combine with an average of 2m12.977 to place third
- Three different manufacturers in top three and separated by just 0.092s
- LMP2 witnesses pole for G-Drive Racing as Job Van Uitert and Jean-Eric Vergne seal top position on an average of 2m00.674s
- Vergne sets the best lap of 2m00.003s on track where G-Drive have won three times since 2014
- Second and third in LMP2 goes the way of the Jackie Chan DC Racing squad as No.38 just edges out No.37 car
- No.38 ORECA-Gibson driven by Gabriel Aubry and Stéphane Richelmi heads No.37 car of Will Stevens and David Heinemeier-Hansson
- LMGTE Am sees TF Sport claim first WEC pole as Salih Yoluc and Charlie Eastwood beat opposition with average of 2m16.061s
- Eastwood sets the fastest lap on 2m15.016s to claim top spot
- Second in LMGTE Am will be the No.88 Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche of Gianluca Roda and Matteo Cairoli
- Points-leading Team Project 1 Porsche of Egidio Perfetti and Jörg Bergmeister claim third position
The TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to start at 13.30 local time tomorrow, Saturday 4 May.
Qualifying times can be found HERE.
- Source: FIA WEC
- Photocredit: FIA WEC
Nu pierdeti ultimele stiri din lumea uimitoare a motorsportului cu aplicatie GP24.
Don't miss out on the latest news from the world of Motorsports with the GP24 App.
Cu noua aplicatie GP24 primiti ultimele stiri direct pe dispozitivul mobil, 100% gratuit / Nu este necesara inregistrarea.
With the New GP24 App you receive the latest news direct on your mobile device, 100% free / No need to register.