Below are the main headlines from Qualifying at the TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing claim 1-2 in third qualifying session for tomorrow’s race
- Kamui Kobayashi and Mike Conway combine to set an average lap time of 1m53.747s to claim third pole of Super Season
- Conway sets outright best of 1m53.683, 1.1 seconds faster than last year’s best qualifying lap and fastest ever WEC pole lap
- No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing car driven by Kazuki Nakajima and Sébastien Buemi places second and 0.4 seconds behind sister Toyota TS050 HYBRID
- SMP Racing place third and fifth as No.17 starts ahead of No.11 sister car
- Fourth and sixth start for Rebellion Racing as No.1 car eclipses No.3 entry in session that saw light rain showers
- LMGTE Pro class grid will be headed by the No.67 Ford Chip Ganassi car of Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell
- Priaulx sets dramatic late lap to complete average of 2m12.885s to take second consecutive pole position at Spa for No.67 Ford GT
- Aston Martin second as local hero Maxime Martin and Alex Lynn set an average of 2m12.952s in No.97 Vantage just 0.067 in arrears
- No.82 BMW Team MTEK of Augusto Farfus and Antonio Felix da Costa combine with an average of 2m12.977 to place third
- Three different manufacturers in top three and separated by just 0.092s
- LMP2 witnesses pole for G-Drive Racing as Job Van Uitert and Jean-Eric Vergne seal top position on an average of 2m00.674s
- Vergne sets the best lap of 2m00.003s on track where G-Drive have won three times since 2014
- Second and third in LMP2 goes the way of the Jackie Chan DC Racing squad as No.38 just edges out No.37 car
- No.38 ORECA-Gibson driven by Gabriel Aubry and Stéphane Richelmi heads No.37 car of Will Stevens and David Heinemeier-Hansson
- LMGTE Am sees TF Sport claim first WEC pole as Salih Yoluc and Charlie Eastwood beat opposition with average of 2m16.061s
- Eastwood sets the fastest lap on 2m15.016s to claim top spot
- Second in LMGTE Am will be the No.88 Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche of Gianluca Roda and Matteo Cairoli
- Points-leading Team Project 1 Porsche of Egidio Perfetti and Jörg Bergmeister claim third position
The TOTAL 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to start at 13.30 local time tomorrow, Saturday 4 May.
Qualifying times can be found HERE.
- Source: FIA WEC
- Photocredit: FIA WEC