Formula 1 says team or driver Covid-19 pullouts won’t stop races

Formula 1 CEO Chase Carey has gone on record stating team personal being infected by COVID-19 will not cancel races. With the 2020 F1 season...
[rev_slider alias="header-banner-1"][/rev_slider]

Latest Posts

Triumph: ready for 2020 relaunch in Jerez

The Moto2™ World Championship and Triumph Triple Trophy will soon get back underway at the Spanish Grand Prix. After a terrific season opener in Qatar,...

Formula 1: Driver shocked by Ferrari engine power loss.

Carlos Sainz says he is not yet worrying about his move to Ferrari for 2021. The Spaniard will replace Sebastian Vettel, but he will presumably...

F1: Alonso signing with Renault F1 not just marketing, says Alain Prost.

Renault advisor Alain Prost says a question mark about Sebastian Vettel's motivation may have thwarted his chances of joining the French team. The Enstone based...

Mick Schumacher hoping for Friday outings in 2020.

Mick Schumacher is hoping to be able to drive a Formula 1 car again in 2020. Last year, the son of F1 legend Michael Schumacher...

Formula 1: Carlos Sainz denies he will be a number 2 driver at Ferrari.

Carlos Sainz has hit back at claims he will be Ferrari’s ‘number 2’ driver from 2021. A Ferrari insider this week said Charles Leclerc “is our future”, using a football strategy analogy to explain that the earlier policy of having two strikers is ending. “No, I have not signed anything that makes me the second driver,” Spaniard Sainz, who will drive for McLaren this year before moving to Maranello, told El Partidazo de Cope radio.

“As with all the contracts I have signed, it says the team is above the driver but it does not put anything about being second or supporting anyone. “What I know is that I will give everything for Ferrari, above all, to try to win. I treat every driver as a rival and don’t worry, if there is a difficult situation, I will make the right decision,” Sainz added.

Given that he is leaving McLaren, it has been suggested that the British team could freeze Sainz out of the car development process this year. The driver doesn’t think so: “I think they are going to tell me everything because I can still help them a lot for this year and for next year. “I have told them to please keep me informed because I am the first to want to see McLaren on the podium as soon as possible,” Sainz added.

Sainz was also asked about speculation linking his mentor and friend Fernando Alonso with a return to Formula 1 next year. “Right now Renault is not among the competitive teams, but changes are coming in Formula 1 and I don’t know if that can help Fernando make the decision to return,” he said. “I have not spoken on the topic with him, so I don’t know what idea he has or how much he wants it. But I do know that Formula 1 is for the best drivers, and he is one of them.”

Frank van Nunen

Latest Posts

Triumph: ready for 2020 relaunch in Jerez

The Moto2™ World Championship and Triumph Triple Trophy will soon get back underway at the Spanish Grand Prix. After a terrific season opener in Qatar,...

Formula 1: Driver shocked by Ferrari engine power loss.

Carlos Sainz says he is not yet worrying about his move to Ferrari for 2021. The Spaniard will replace Sebastian Vettel, but he will presumably...

F1: Alonso signing with Renault F1 not just marketing, says Alain Prost.

Renault advisor Alain Prost says a question mark about Sebastian Vettel's motivation may have thwarted his chances of joining the French team. The Enstone based...

Mick Schumacher hoping for Friday outings in 2020.

Mick Schumacher is hoping to be able to drive a Formula 1 car again in 2020. Last year, the son of F1 legend Michael Schumacher...

Don't Miss

Formula 1: Mugello to be confirmed as post-Monza 2020 race.

Mugello looks set to host a second grand prix in Italy this year, one week after Monza. Imola, yet another Italian circuit, is also in...

OFFICIAL: British Rally Championship Cancelled.

The British Rally Championship has announced that the 2020 season will not take place. This follows the cancellation of the Wales Rally GB, which...

Everyone in F1 affected amid corona crisis says Jean Todt.

More than two teams are hurting amid the corona crisis, according to FIA president Jean Todt. In fact, the Frenchman is quoted by La Presse...

MotoGP vs F1: the perception of speed with Mark Webber.

Former F1 star Mark Webber is this week’s guest as the Aussie delves into his love for motorcycle racing and much more. The MotoGP...

Pirelli confident 2019 F1 tyres can last two more years.

Pirelli Formula 1 boss Mario Isola is confident that the company’s current tyre specification can be used without problems until the end of 2021...
Frank van Nunen